June 3, 2008

Black Bottom Cupcakes




Looking for a new way to make chocolate cupcakes? These cupcakes have a little treat hidden inside ... cheesecake! They're so easy to make and taste best after they've been chilled in the fridge.

You will need:

1 box of devil's food cake mix plus eggs/oil/water as directed on box

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips


*** The picture above shows that I used double the amount of filling. I personally like to double the amount so I get more cheesecake in my cupcake!


Line cupcake tins with paper cupcake holders. Fill each about halfway with the devil's food cake batter. Then scoop about a spoonfull of the filling and plop it onto the center of each cupcake. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.



You know the cupcakes are ready when they are springy to the touch of a finger. Sprinkling powdered sugar on the top after they have cooled adds a nice visual effect :)

I chose to put pink vanilla frosting with sprinkles on my cupcakes this time. Laura and I made them for my friend Michelle's birthday!

No comments: